First Impressions / Ohhval

Wednesday, August 21, 2013






It is a truth universally acknowledged in the blogging community that there are countless amounts of blogs out there, and mine is no different. I was going to wait until my blog was designed properly before blogging, but I just can't wait I miss it too much! I have been very unsatisfied with my blog and decided recreate it, if that makes any sense. I am still fairly new to this so I thought it wasn't a loss if it started again. Over the last months I plunged into blogging without knowing much about it. For one, I did not put much thought into my blog name which is an important aspect. Now that I have tasted other platforms, and names I find myself returning to good ol' blogger and I'm ready to stay.

The reason I had a previous blog was to sort of trial it. You see, I don't have any hobbies and I wanted to try something new to see if I would like it and stick to it. I really enjoyed blogging because it is a form in which I express my thoughts, and practice my writing. Surprisingly I kept blogging, but I was bothered by my blog's appearance. I am a bit of a perfectionist so when one of my close friends suggested I have it designed properly, I thought why not? I also love interacting with people who share the same interests as me, and feel much more accomplished picking up other hobbies such as shopping, photography, and photoshop. I love that I always have something to do and I am using my spare time for something productive.

This blog will maintain beauty, makeup, fashion, and life posts with occasional book posts. It will be my little haven where makeup and fashion talk are allowed all the time with no judgement. I think about too many things throughout the day and hopefully I can invest those thoughts into this little space on the internet. I went through some dark times at the beginning of this year & right now so I'm glad to be putting my energy in something other than moping around the house.


Here are some oh so uninteresting facts about me:

I love to read. I'm sure you can tell by my Jane Austen-esque intro.
I love to write. Mostly fiction, but I do love blogging about products, and subjects that interest me.
I love cats. I will probably end up alone with many aha.
I am from Southern California. Whoop SoCal!
I am on a path towards a clean lifestyle in terms of health.
As of September 26, I will be a freshman in College! How cool?
I love coffee!

I don't want to give everything away just yet, so you'll have to stick around for more information about me. I hope some of you reading stick around. Cringey first post done!

2 comments:

I read & appreciate every comment that is left on my blog. They mean a lot to me so thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. xoxo