Benefit's They're Real Mascara

Tuesday, January 14, 2014



Yeah, I know I'm super late to the party with this one, but I just felt the urge to share my thoughts on everyone's beloved mascara. Of course I bought this because so many bloggers swore by it, and perhaps it is just me, but after using this mascara a few times you could say I'm not a happy camper.
First of all it's $23 which meant I had pretty high expectations. When compared to other high end mascaras that I own They're Real seems more like a drugstore mascara. It only adds length, and because I have long thick lashes almost every mascara I use works well. I find that it adds some length, but not enough to justify it's worth. The brush easily clumps my lashes together which is rather annoying. I do appreciate the top of the bristles that are pointed outwards. They make it easy to coat the inner lashes. After two coats my lashes become clumpy, and after wearing the mascara for a few hours my eyes get irritated. To be honest I won't be repurchasing it, and I am so over hyped products. I could say that my Cover Girl Lash Blast works better for me.
                                What did you think of Benefit's They're Real Mascara?
                                                 Twitter | Bloglovin | Instagram
                                                         

11 comments:

  1. I wasnt a massive fan of this mascara, so glad i only had a sample size!

    Hannah Heartss xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky! I bought the full size, but I will be using it up.. in pain.

      Delete
  2. Aw. Sorry this didn't work out for you.

    It's my holy grail, but I do have short eyelashes.

    gingercatqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can kind of see the appeal! I guess it's just not for me.

      Delete
  3. I've never tried this but i was reading another negative review about it earlier!from what i can see i don't think i would like it either because of the brush!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the brush pokes my eyeball sometimes. Hurts a lot!

      Delete
  4. It is very pricey! I have short/stubby lashes, and I do use this every now and then. But you're right - there are drugstore mascaras that do just as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some drugstore ones that do way better!

      Delete
  5. Sorry this didn't work for you, I think I might pass on this mascara :)

    Kayla
    sheerbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i got a sample as my birthday gift set from sephora and was thinking the same thing. It lacks volume and the wand reminds me of drugstore mascara. It tends to clump, but it was not too bad for me. I do like the length it gives me though.

    ReplyDelete

I read & appreciate every comment that is left on my blog. They mean a lot to me so thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. xoxo