Weight Loss Wednesday / Week 1

Wednesday, January 8, 2014


As some of you may know,  one of my new years resolutions is to be fit. I have finally come to terms with my body, and I have a better understanding of health and exercise. About three weeks ago I started working out, and drinking a lot of water. Slowly I have been planning healthy meals, and snacks so I don't have an excuse to eat junk. I can already feel a difference in how my clothes fit, and how energetic I am now, but the coolest part is that I'm enjoying eating "healthy".
 I thought it would be really fun and motivating to join a group of bloggers who also have the same goals. Anyone can join no matter what your goal is, or where you live, or what type of blogger you are. Here's the link with more information. Simply contact Jennifer and she will add you to the group. It's such a fun way to connect, and stay motivated once the new years buzz fades.

My goal is to lose 10 lbs or more.. I've tried a few times in the past, but I was doing it wrong. Fad diets, starving, excessive cardio are some of the things I've tried, and I just couldn't stick with it. This time, I'm making sure my body is getting the nutrients it needs to thrive by eating fruits, vegetables, carbs, and drinking lots of water. My work outs are mostly light cardio, weights, and toning exercises. I've also started yoga on Sundays. If I feel too sore from my workouts then I'll rest a day or two. I'm hoping to weigh myself until March because I can easily obsess with numbers and weigh my self everyday which is not a good idea. I'm aiming more for fat loss than a specific number. For reference I'm 5"8 and my weight is currently "normal", but it doesn't feel that way to me. I am also a size 7 in USA pants. I think I can slim down a bit. Overall I just want to be healthy and happy with my body.
                                                     
                                           Twitter | Bloglovin | Instagram
                                                   

10 comments:

  1. Good job on your successes already lovely, sounds like you've already come a long way! I am totally the same, this time I'm going to be healthy, I've always been a "crash diet girl" haha. So excited to see your upcoming posts! P.s that smoothie looks delicioussss, did you make it?? If so, recipe?! :)

    Jennifer Barely There Beauty | UK Beauty Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! I'm mostly tired of being unsuccessful so I decided to do it the right way! I'm glad were not longer doing crash diets cause the results are only temporary! I did make my smoothie! I had it for breakfast :). I used 1 banana, 4 strawberries, a handful of raspberries, a handful of blueberries, and a spoon of greek yogurt! I'm going to start adding chia and flax seeds as they are really good for the body too, and possibly kale once I go to the supermarket.

      Delete
  2. Good luck lovely, it really does make you feel so much better inside and out. Wish I had the motivation to do the same! xx


    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! I'm so energetic, and I no longer suffer from migraines.

      Delete
  3. Good luck, you can do it! :-)
    I'm on day 2 of my diet... I'm doing meal replacements with lots of healthy snacks and meals which is awesome! I'm hoping to lose 3 stone, eeek :|
    http://daintydeescouturedreams.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun! Good luck to you too! Remember it takes time, and if you add a few weight lifting/toning with light cardio you will melt that weight right off!

      Delete
  4. Hey Valerie! Loved your post. The smoothie looks amazing! I wish you the best of luck on your goals!

    I am currently hosting a Valentines Box Swap with another blogger! It's going to be alot of fun! (link)



    Lucie xxx Fatbeautyx



    Vote for me in the #UKBA14 // LIMECRIME LIPSTICK GIVEAWAY (link)

    January monthly Advertiser - Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are going about your goals the right way! But let me tell you, running will make inches/pounds drop off of you (you also need to eat healthy to sustain the stress of running on your body). I have a post on how to start out slowly and keep going. Let me know if you want the link via twitter, as I'm not sure I'll see your response?

    ReplyDelete

I read & appreciate every comment that is left on my blog. They mean a lot to me so thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. xoxo