Fall Lipsticks

Wednesday, September 4, 2013





CoverGirl 260, Mac Russian Red, Estee Lauder Rubellite Shimmer, Mac Diva,  Kate Moss 111



Although the weather is still obnoxiously hot in California, it is time to put away the bright colored
lipsticks and bring out the lovely dark lipsticks. Personally, I am a red lipstick type of girl, so I will wear it regardless of what time of the year it is, but since fall is approaching I can now wear it without feeling guilty or judged. Here are my favorite lipsticks for this season (I will probably be buying more). I hope you enjoy and let me know what lipsticks you like for the fall season?

201 CoverGirl Jumbo Stick is not very pigmented. I was kind of disappointed because I was expecting it to be similar to the packaging color. It is very moisturizing, but sheer.
Mac Russian Red is a classic red. It is very pigmented and long lasting. Its blue tones do not cause yellowness.
Rubellite Shimmer Estée Lauder looks more like a Summer color when swatched. The color can be built and it appears more as a bright purpley color. It is moisturizing and veyr pigmented.
Mac Diva is a bit drying but very long lasting and pigmented. It is a deep almost burgundy color. It looks great, but might not be for the light hearted. It has a vampiric look to it (with lighter skin).
Rimmel Kate Moss 101 Kiss of Life another lovely red. It is more on the red side than Russian Red, and not as drying. It does have an odd smell to it, but I love it for the price.

17 comments:

  1. Love all of these shades - especially MAC Diva!
    Lydia Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's so pretty! I can't wait to get more! xxx

      Delete
  2. The Russian Red lipstick of MAC is my absolut favourite. Never tried it though, but I just read an review about it and I'm already in love.

    Sanne
    Confessions of a blonde

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, just the post I've been looking for! I need to go get myself some fall lip products. The Mac Russian Red is amazing - loving it! Found your blog off the fbloggers chat. Love your simplistic style and you have some lovely photos :-) much love girly! x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun! It was my first mac lipstick and i love it! xx

      Delete
  4. I really love all of these colours, especially the dark reds! :)

    www.justrach.com <3 xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo I have the 107 Kate Moss lippy but haven't seen the 111, looks gorgeous!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to the 107! I have not seen it though! xxx

      Delete
  6. I love kind of burgundy-dark red colors on my lips for fall time! My favourite lipstick is one from Nivea. It's called Sheer Burgundy! My all time favourite burgundy colour!:) x

    Vanilla.Fashion. Thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A girl after my own heart with the dark lipsticks :) I LOVE MAC Diva. My first thought when I read your post was that I need to check out the Cover Girl one. Glad you said it was sheer. Would be great if it was the cap color :( Thanks for the heads up :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kate Moss 111 is my ultimate favourite, not just for fall but for aaaalll seasons :) it goes with everything! really classy and a must have! loved this post

    thataprilinparis.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been wanting to try Kate Moss 111 and 107 for SOO LONG! But it always seems to be sold out! PS I live in California too and it's still 90+ degrees where i live. I really want to dive into sweater weather and start burning candles, but it's still summer here. :O

    biffsquiggled

    ReplyDelete

I read & appreciate every comment that is left on my blog. They mean a lot to me so thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. xoxo