August Favorites // 2013

Sunday, September 1, 2013


Where does the time go? Cliché, I know but it's so true! It feels like only yesterday I was planning out my eating/exercise routine for August, and now the month is over. I can't believe I actually stuck my "diet" for a month (they usually last a week or two). I'm so ready for September & the rest of the year to unravel and bring lots of surprises! Here are my favorite products of August!

                                        Mac Mineralized SkinFinish  -  Soft & Gentle
My first highlighter, I have to admit I always end up crawling back to it and this month was no different. My skin tends to lighten up at the end of summer and during the upcoming fall seasons. Thanks to my allergies I tend to appear ill and dull. I love this highlighter because it makes my skin look dewy and healthy. It's a gorgeous champagne color with flecks of gold and pink shimmer that brightens up my face. If you don't mind shimmer/glittery-ness than this product is perfect!

                                           Revlon Photoready Cream Blush  - Coral Reef
I'm not quite sure why it looks so hot pink in the picture! I assure it's not, it is orange. I have searched high and low for this cream blush. The one day I go to Walmart to buy other things I happen to find it. It is a beautiful coral cream blush with a natural glow. The blush is not as pigmented as it appears to be which may be a deal breaker for some, but I find it builds up easily on my skin. It beautifully blends into a natural color. A full review of this lovely blush will be coming soon, so tune in!

                                          Rimmel London Kate Moss Lipstick - 90 Rossetto
Kate Moss Lipsticks have been dominating in the drugstore world. Being a lipstick lover, I own four of them (I've lost 3.....), and they are my favorite lipsticks of the moment. I picked up this lipstick out of spite when I could not find the Show Off Lip Lacquer and I was pleasantly surprised by it. It is quite creamy and hydrating. It's a beautiful hot pink shade that isn't drying or over the top. It reminds me of Impassioned from Mac.

                                           Revlon Color Stay Long Lasting Enamel Nail Polish - 040 Provence
I've been trying out some different nail polishes, and my favorite this month is from Revlon. I love the brush it applies the polish evenly, and easily. I'm not the best at painting nails, but the brush does help me not make a huge mess. The color is a lightish grayish lavender. It's really pretty for sunny days and it lasts a few days without chipping. I really want to get my hands on more these for the upcoming fall season.

I hope you've enjoyed this post and let me now what products you've been loving this month!


6 comments:

  1. The Revlon cream blush and Rimmel lipstick look beautiful. Must scope them out on the next drugstore outing :) I just published mine if you'd like to take a look :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really good! Highly recommend them xx

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin and gfc,too.
    Do you also follow me on gfc?
    Visit me on
    circleofchaos on mystylehit.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just followed on GFC you have a lovely blog! I was confused because your link took me to a different site! xxx

      Delete
  3. The MAC finisher sounds amazing, my skin feels quite dull at the moment, need something to sort it out. KB xx

    ReplyDelete

I read & appreciate every comment that is left on my blog. They mean a lot to me so thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. xoxo