Skin Care

Saturday, December 21, 2013


Skincare is not my forte. I think that may have something to do with the fact that I'm lazy when it comes to properly removing my makeup, but I have been making a huge effort to always keep my skin nice and clean. I actually just recovered from a huge breakout. I was horrified because I usually get little zits here and there, but this time my chin was being conquered by a lot of red spots. I was able to get it under control, but I don't ever want to see my skin like that ever again. I suspect the cause may have been finals week stress + poor diet + using face wipes too often.

When it comes to cleansers I can always tell right away if a product will work for me. I have never been that person that reads the ingredients and knows what's in the product (wish I was that person!), so when I saw that Neutrogena had a "natural" cleanser I thought I'd try it. The Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Cleanser says 90% of the ingredients are natural which is great. I really like it because it easily removes my makeup and leaves my skin feeling really clean, but not dry just squeaky clean. I noticed a difference in my black heads on my nose since the first time I used it.

Toning is essential for the skin because it restores its pH levels back to normal. I don't like toners that have a lot of alcohol. You can usually tell by the way it stings blemishes. My Simple Soothing Facial Toner is in fact soothing. It feels refreshing, and soft on my skin. I use a cotton pad and gently slide it all over my face. It removes anything that might have been missed during my cleanse.

My skin is very dry. I live in a hot environment so it was difficult to detect that cause my skin would be a little oily from the heat. I've used my Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion for over a year now and I love it. I used it on a daily basis and when I first got it I saw the difference right away. I felt as if my skin was drinking up the moisturizer. I still feel the moisturizing feeling, but I think my skin may be getting used to it so I will be trying the plus version of this moisturizer.

So thats my basic three step routine. I use it in the morning and night. I alternate my cleanser in the shower with the Clean and Clear Morning Burst Cleanser. Whenever I start to break out I immediately use the Proactive Refining Mask that by brother lets me borrow. I don't believe in Proactive, but this mask is so good. I combine it with the Origins Super Spot Remover over night, and they do an amazing job clearing my skin. I'm not sure if I should be combining products like that, but it works really well.

I'd say my routine is very basic but good for a novice. I'm going to be trying a lot more products and expanding my routine so if you have any product recommendations please let me know!

                           What are your favorite skin care products? Have you tried all natural products?
                                                           Twitter | BlogLovin | Instagram
                                                                       

10 comments:

  1. I've just been in the same situation. I get the odd blemish but I've never had a full break out... Until about a week ago. So I'm now trying to be really good and ACTUALLY take care of my skin rather than just quickly half taking off make up each night. Thank you for this I'll be referring back to it a LOT. Chelsey x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's terrifying isn't it? I had never seen my skin so bad before! Lots of water, clean food and proper skin care have helped me a lot.

      Delete
  2. I was breaking out a few months ago as well and had to completely make up a new make up routine. I use similar things, and they work well for me to :) but your post was very helpful anyway :D
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it was helpful! Breaking out is the worst.

      Delete
  3. i'm exactly the same, i don't put anywhere near enough importance on skincare! facewipes really are the devil for skin i've found. thanks for sharing these products - i really need a new facewash and neutrogena sounds good! found you via the #lbloggers chat and followed you on bloglovin:)
    lily x
    www.jolihouse.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've stopped using face wipes for now! they can be evil sometimes. Hope you like the face wash if you try it xx

      Delete
  4. love, love, love your blog! I only found out that facewipes were bad for your skin the other day from my boss and I've been looking for something to clear up the damage, definitely going to pick some up :)
    taylor xoxo

    www.taylorbellatrix.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really suffer with dry skin too :( I might have to give the Clinique dramatically different moisturiser if it works well for you. Skincare isn't my forte either hehe :) xx

    www.missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Clinique Dramatically different so much! If you feel your skin is really really dry try the + version. x

      Delete
  6. I did not like the neutrogena natural cleanser. I am glad you liked it though. I might try the simple toner, I am looking for a new gentle toner.

    ReplyDelete

I read & appreciate every comment that is left on my blog. They mean a lot to me so thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. xoxo