Essie It's Genius

Tuesday, October 1, 2013


I would like to apologize for not having my favorites post up as it should be. I was writing it during these past few days, but I am dissatisfied with the photography. I will have the post ready later in the week once I retake the pictures. It's been a really hectic past few days so it feels good to be back on the blogging scene. I had noticed that my nail polishes that I was using didn't exactly scream "Autumn". I dug deep in my drawers and discovered "It's Genius" by Essie.
It is a beautiful violet/burgundy color with gold shimmer. The formula is thin yet very opaque. I can get away with only one coat, but I prefer two so the polish lasts longer and hides the awful condition my nails are in. "It's Genius" is very easy to wear. I had previously mentioned being unimpressed with Essie, but I think it was because the nail polish I had used was old and the formula became runny. This is a newer polish I picked up during the summer so it's consistency is really good. I think I will be using more Essie polish for this Autumn season.
                            What nail polishes are you using for A/W? Any recommendations?
                                               Twitter | Bloglovin | Instagram
 

20 comments:

  1. I am using dark reds, burgundy colors and now and then dark blue and black :) that color is really pretty!

    thataprilinparis.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh great color. I'm using orange-red (kind of neon) right now: saturday disco fever.
    Do you wear a base coat with your nail polish? My latest post is about essie nail polish as well! :D check it out: fabfashionaire.com
    -
    Rathana xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't use a base coat, but I probably should! xx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful colour! Lovely blog, im your latest follower;)

    Hugs, Brittany, xx

    http://polkaanddots.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog post, I love Essie nail polishes - I'm actually doing a blog post tomorrow about my Essie collection :-) x missgoochxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. IS SO BEAUTIFUL ,LOVE IT :))) http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your blog! this color looks beautiful especially for this time of the year. If i could wear dark colors all year round, i totally would! Unfortunately i'm not allowed to wear nail polish to school :((

    biffsquiggled

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely shade! I keep meaning to do a post on my favourite Autumn polishes. I must get round to it soon!
    Jenn | Photo-Jenn-ic

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Essie polishes! I too have been STILL wearing summery colors. Hard to really feel like getting into the Fall spirit when it's 89 degrees outside! I gotta go dig around my polish drawer also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Hot weather makes it hard to get in the Autumn spirit x

      Delete

I read & appreciate every comment that is left on my blog. They mean a lot to me so thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. xoxo