Mac Diva Lipstick

Wednesday, October 16, 2013


 



My favorite lipstick this season is Mac's Diva. I've been talking about it quite a lot on twitter recommending it to anyone that is looking for a new A/W lipstick. This lipstick made it into my collection by fate. I never used to wear bold lip colors, but one day while gazing at a Mac counter I thought "Why not?",  and poof I ended up with an amazing lipstick. It was love at first sight. The color is a deep reddish plum almost burgundy. It is  perfect for the colder months. I've been wearing it quite often with minimal eye makeup. It is a matte finish so it is important to really hydrate the lips prior to the application especially in the colder season. The color of the lipstick accenuates dryness by creating black spots on the lips (is it just me and my chapped lips?).
There is not much need for retouching because it is very pigmented. It lasts all day, and survives a meal. I like to occasionally take a clear lip balm and go over it when my lips are feeling dry throughout the day. I've been feeling really sick lately, and this lipstick has been doing a great job distracting eyes from the rest of my face (see photo above). 

                      Would you wear Mac's Diva? What are your favorite bold lipsticks? 
                                            Twitter | BlogLovin | Instagram

27 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful color. It works really well with your skin tone. How would it look on lighter skin tones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved your post! that lipstick looks awesome :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful color on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love mac. <3

    xo K
    http://www.itsmekylaluu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey gorgeous, I have tagged you for the liebter award thing because I adore your blog, so if you feel like it you can check it out! x
    http://sofiescurlymess.blogspot.dk/2013/10/liebster-award-discover-new-blogs.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looove this shade. I got it the other day and haven't gone a day without in since. So perfect. I do get darker bits where my lips have dried so maybe that's the same as what you're getting too, but even still, it's such a perfect shade <3
    www.lost-in-wonderland.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so perfect! I have to remember to moisturize properly! x

      Delete
  7. BTW I nominated you for a Liebster Award! Congrats I love your blog :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love the colour of the lipstick! it's perfect for autumn!
    Great blog, would you like to follow each other?
    I'm a New follower on GFC and bloglovin, waiting for Your turn ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh that is such an amazing colour. I think this could be my first mac lipstick colour sorted!!!

    Hannah xxx
    http://adayinthelifeofanortherngirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a gorgeous shade. It suits you so well :)

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous colour! It suits you well and so perfect for autumn :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that lipstick so much! I purchased it pretty recently and I've been obsessed ever since. I talked about it a little bit on my blog if you'd want to take a look :)

    misunderstoodprincesses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I read & appreciate every comment that is left on my blog. They mean a lot to me so thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. xoxo